The DL
You know those days you just want to throw the towel in on diabetes? Well...I hope you never feel that way...I also hope you don't have diabetes...but on another note.. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THIS WAS MY DAY...one word....UGH!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Much has changed in my diabetes care recently. I made the switch to the OmniPod and I have mixed reactions. I had seen the OmniPod a few years back, but I couldn't deal with how big it was. When the new smaller design came out I decided to give it a go. The idea of always having insulin, instead of "unplugging" for showers or swimming really appealed to me. The lack of tubes has been great, and I no longer fear door handles. I do have new fears now. At first, I couldn't get the pod to stick, much like my previous experiences with my Dexcom. IV Prep sucks and doesn't actually work, but Dexcom had recommended Skin Tac which has been a life saver. Thankfully that's not too much of an issue anymore. My skin still hates pretty much anything I put on it. Now that the pod sticks, I find it super itchy (same with my Dexcom)
Here is my pod with the embarrassing marks of my scratching. My dad and boyfriend keep saying I need to put cortisone cream on it, but I don't find that it helps. Here is additional proof my skin just doesn't hate pods...it still hates my Dexcom. I keep doing this to myself though because the information it provides is invaluable.
If anybody has any recommendations that isn't cortisone cream please let me know! Lastly, I've been having HUGE issues with the pods malfunctions. Today in my Evidence class, the pod/pdm made the worst noise EVER. High pitched and super awkward. Thankfully class was almost over. I hate when pods fail because you loose so much insulin! grrrr I then changed not one, not two, BUT THREE PODS that all had the same issue....the cannula didn't insert!!! GAH!!!!! This is seriously not something someone needs to deal with. Of course the next step is to call tech support...Omipod is FAMOUS for having HORRIBLE wait times. I will say I was on hold for 15 minutes, which to me, is pretty bad. Their website states they are aware of this problem due to the high demand of the product...I believe it's because they have a problem with hiring enough people to be able to handle all the failed pod calls. That's my rant for now.
5 Responses
  1. Did you find a solution for your itchy skin? Emerson also scratches her pod and Dexcom sites. We go through a lot of Cortaid cream and she says it doesn't help.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    City Inginkan Higuain
    http://www.football-images.net/2015-07-09/3a5c9ef3a38ed30d5fcba56ab770f92d.jpg
    Agen Bola Terpercaya indo11.com melaporkan, Manchester City mulai merevolusi komposisi lini ofensifnya. City segera melepas Stevan Jovetic dan Edin Dzeko. City lantas membidik satu penyerang baru untuk menggantikan dua yang bakal hengkang.
    Striker incaran City itu adalah Gonzalo Higuain. Oleh Napoli, pemain Argentina tersebut kabarnya dibanderol €60 juta. City siap mengupayakan perekrutan Higuain. Financial Fair Play bukan lagi masalah bagi City.
    Oleh karena itu, mereka berniat memboyong Higuain, yang diyakini bisa membantu mereka untuk merebut takhta Premier League dari tangan Chelsea.
    Jovetic dan Dzeko kabarnya segera menuju Italia. Jovetic dekat dengan Inter Milan, sedangkan Dzeko dikejar oleh AS Roma.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Juventus Dapatkan Jasa Simone Zaza
    http://www.football-images.net/2015-07-09/62eb54d9f7677540d269790a9b99562c.jpg
    Agen Bola Terpercaya indo11.com melaporkan, Juara bertahan Serie A, Juventus resmi memboyong Simone Zaza dari Sassuolo secara permanen dengan kontrak berdurasi lima tahun. Untuk mendapatkan striker 24 tahun itu, Bianconeri mengeluarkan 18 juta euro yang dicicil selama tiga tahun, sesuai dengan pernyataan yang dimuat di juventus.com.
    Zaza mengawali karir profesionalnya di usia 17 tahun bersama Atalanta. Dua tahun kemudian, tepatnya di tahun 2010 striker dengan tinggi tubuh 187 centimeter itu pindah ke Sampdoria dan dipinjamkan ke tiga klub berbeda dalam waktu tiga tahun.
    Dua tahun lalu dia mulai bermain untuk Sassuolo dan mendapatkan tempat sebagai striker utama. Karena kiprahnya bersama tim hijau hitam itulah Zaza dipanggil oleh Antonio Conte ke timnas Italia.
    Awal September silam, striker 24 tahun itu diturunkan sebagai starter dalam pertandingan melawan Belanda. Hingga saat ini, ia sudah mendapatkan lima caps dan mencetak satu gol.


  4. Aesd 11 Says:

    Liverpool Ikut Incar Lacazette
    http://www.football-images.net/2015-07-09/12f60fec62367b0a4ad41891b20832f2.jpg
    Agen Bola Terpercaya indo11.com melaporkan, Liverpool dikabarkan ikut tertarik untuk mendatangkan penyerang Olympic Lyon, Alexandre Lacazette. Sebelumnya, duo rival The Reds, Arsenal dan Chelsea, menyatakan minat mereka untuk memboyong pemain 24 tahun tersebut.
    Lacazette adalah seorang penyerang subur yang namanya mulai naik setelah berhasil menampilkan performa apik musim lalu. Ia pun mendapatkan gelar pribadi, yakni didapuk sebagai top skorer Ligue 1 dengan raihan 27 gol.
    Masa kontrak yang baru habis pada 2018 disinyalir tidak akan berpengaruh bagi Liverpool. Klub yang bermarkas di Anfield itu dinilai akan segera melayangkan tawaran terhadap sang pemain.
    Pria kelahiran 1991 tersebut memang tampil menjanjikan dengan mampu mencetak total 32 gol dalam satu musim di semua kompetisi bersama Lyon. Tak pelak jika banyak klub top Eropa menginginkan jasanya untuk memperkuat lini serang.
    Liverpool sendiri tengah mencari sosok penyerang yang memiliki naluri kuat dalam mencetak gol. Selain berminat untuk mendatangkan punggawa tim nasional Perancis itu, Liverpool juga kabarnya tengah berusaha untuk memboyong striker Aston Villa, Christian Benteke ke Anfield.


  5. Villa in Veng Sreng
    #realestateincammbodia
    http://www.century21.com.kh/properties/3803/


Post a Comment