The DL

Happy Holidays everyone! A lot has happened and I have been meaning to fill you all in.

The holidays started with my friends having our 10th annual Gingerbread House Party. These are the same friends I've had since high school and everywhere we still continue this festive tradition. Since I have Jewish, this is really my only "Christmas" tradition and I enjoy it so much :)

My boyfriend and I built, "Santa's Outhouse" that had actually started out as a London telephone booth lol. The picture is at the top. Let me know your thoughts! Every year we try to do something creative and I love what everyone comes up with.

Gingerbread party does bring lots of obstacles for a diabetic though. Did I mention tons and tons of candy? Beyond any candy lover's dreams. I had a hard time resisting and unfortunately ended up with a pretty high number. :( Next year I NEED to have tons of more number friendly food choices. Do you all have any that work for the holiday time?

This year we added a new element to the party and I LOVED it! A white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a FANTASTIC gift of a pink dog snuggy!


My little puppy looks so cute in it! lol

What are some fun holiday traditions you all had this year? Any new ones?

~~~~~~

One of my favorite gifts this year was from my boyfriend. I have been wanting a supplies bag from Stick Me Designs.

I had always loved their bags, in particular the owl one since I love owls. Here is the outside:



And here it is with my supplies inside:


I would say the only draw back is I wish the elastic was a little tighter. My supplies tend to fall out of the little places meant for them. Other then that, I love that I can find my bag much easier than when it was just black and I love that I have so much space to have all of my supplies in one place.

What were you favorite holiday gifts this year? Any of them diabetes related?

Happy 2012!!!
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2012! Great case, by the way!


  2. Happy New Year! It sounds like you had a great holiday season! My greatest gift was by far having my children with me for the holidays. I was spoiled with a lot of gifts as well, but family and friends around is always the best gift of all.


  3. victoria Says:

    I LOVE the dog photo, especially with the posed remote. So adorable. And I also like the gingerbread outhouse. Mad skills! :)


Post a Comment