The DL
"Finding A Cure: A Love Story Gala
Thursday, May 05, 2011

A Gala Tribute To


Jenny and Steve Savitsky
Caregiver Award Recipients


Avi Lerner
Angel Award Recipient


The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, CA
6:00pm Cocktail Hour, Silent Auction
7:00pm Dinner and Program
Cocktail Attire


Finding A Cure: A Love Story is one of Los Angeles’ signature fund raising events led by outstanding honorees including First Lady Nancy Reagan, Barbara Davis, Garth Brooks, Annette Bening and Warren Beatty, George Schlatter, Julianne McNamara and Todd Zeile, The Los Angeles Dodgers, Dr. Francine Kaufman, Sugar Ray Leonard, Nina and Mitchell Quaranta and Louise and Terrance Gregg. Program participants have included James Taylor, Dustin Hoffman, Michael J. Fox, Trisha Yearwood, Eddie Murphy, Rhea Perlman, Kenny Loggins and Billy Ray Cyrus.

Your generosity helps JDRF move closer to a cure and makes it possible for the millions of people with type 1 diabetes to live healthier and longer lives. Thank you for supporting JDRF's clear mission, to find a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications through research."


(Taken from the JDRF site)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't wait to tell you all about it. This gala looks HUGE! In the past, I have volunteered for the Orange County chapter, but now that I live in Los Angeles, it's time to switch over. The auction items here look amazing and it looks like it's going to be full of amazing people.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, going to a JDRF event is seriously one of the best medications a diabetic can take. There is NOTHING like being in a room full of people who are aware on some level of our struggles and are all are FIGHTING for a cure. I do have to work late, so I will be arriving late, but I will fill you all in on all the good details! :)

The Gala is my favorite JDRF event. First off, I love dressing up and seeing people in general just be really classy. (You could only imagine how much I loved the Royal Wedding!) Live auctions are super exciting and I love hearing about all the crazy prizes! My personal favorite that I am looking forward to see people fight over is the:

Dance Like A Star

Dance like a star with longtime JDRF supporter and Dancing with the Stars: Season 12 celebrity Sugar Ray Leonard and his partner, Anna Trebunskaya. This one-on-one experience will allow you to spend some time on the dance floor with Sugar Ray and world-class dancing professional, Anna, who will conduct a private dance lesson with you.

Get ready to Dance like a Star!




What are some of your favorite JDRF events and why?
What are your JDRF Galas like?

Expect a full update tomorrow!
0 Responses

Post a Comment