The DL
Due to some technical difficulties, (most likely due to Friday the 13th) there was no post yesterday (as I am sure many of you all had issues too). I know I have LOTS of reading to do this weekend!

DBlogWeek2011Banner

Ten things I hate about you, Diabetes - Thursday 5/12: Having a positive attitude is important . . . but let’s face it, diabetes isn’t all sunshine and roses (or glitter and unicorns, for that matter). So today let’s vent by listing ten things about diabetes that we hate. Make them funny, make them sarcastic, make them serious, make them anything you want them to be!!

I actually wrote 22 things that I hate about diabetes, "You Know What's Really Annoying" so you can go there and check it out if you'd like!


Awesome things - Friday 5/13: In February the #dsma blog carnival challenged us to write about the most awesome thing we’d done DESPITE diabetes. Today let’s put a twist on that topic and focus on the good things diabetes has brought us. What awesome thing have you (or your child) done BECAUSE of diabetes? After all, like my blog header says, life with diabetes isn’t all bad!

Oddly enough, I kinda wrote about this topic as well before, "The Good Things About Having Diabetes...?" I will say, this topic is a little different though.

Diabetes has brought me this blog. I have always wanted to blog before, but I felt like I never had a voice...something to write about. Continuously I would start and stop, in fact I have some save posts on here from YEARS ago (don't worry you will NEVER see those! LOL) Now, I feel like I have so many emotions and stories to share because of the audience. I guess what I am trying to say, is that diabetes brought me all you.

Sure it sounds corny, but I find it so hard to find people who can REALLY relate to me in so many ways. You are all so amazing and an inspiration to me everyday. You bring my sanity and let me know that we all make mistakes with our care, but together we can try to do the best we can.


Thank you all!
5 Responses
  1. Joanne Says:

    Not corny at all... glad you're a part of the DOC!


  2. Ryanne Says:

    Amen Sister Friend.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Yep I am with you. YOU IN THE DOC = AWESOMENESS!!!


  4. Meagan Says:

    Great post!!! I agree...It is nice to know we all make mistakes sometimes. Not to mention knowing that we are not alone. :)


  5. Nope, not corny at all.

    I, too, am grateful that diabetes has given me a voice and a topic for blogging.


Post a Comment